Today is Day 31, so I took photos this morning to document my progress. I never intended to share the original photos with anyone, but the difference is so drastic I have to share this one. When I started this program, I took the original photos on Day 1 - October 12, 2020. I've completed 30 full days of Optavia.
Some of the differences I notice every single day:
- I am sleeping amazingly well at night. It is sound, deep sleep - unlike what I've ever experienced before as an adult, especially with kids (even though my kids are 10 and 15).
- My tastes have changed, because I don't have cravings for sweets. I used to want a piece of dairy-free chocolate at night before bed, or something else sweet. I've never in my life gone through the Halloween season without touching a single piece of candy, or even being tempted by it (although the candy corn pumpkins were calling my name one day a few weeks ago).
- I am not hungry. I eat every 2.5-3 hours every day, throughout the day, and I am completely satisfied.
- I don't have the afternoon slump where I want to take a 20 minute nap mid-afternoon.
- I wake up refreshed and ready to go, because I'm sleeping so well. Even on days like today when it is pouring rain and great sleeping weather, I still wake up ready for the day.
- I wasn't drinking a lot of coffee before, but I was getting caffeine through hot tea (that I was sweetening with dairy-free flavored coffee creamer). I don't even miss it. Sometimes I'll have a few ounces of cold brew coffee blended with a chocolate shake or caramel macchiato shake in the morning for my first fueling, but that's an exception, and not a daily occurrence.
- My stomach isn't bothering me. I have spent years dealing with gut issues and to have almost none for the past month is something that is very obvious to me. This is a low glycemic program, so perhaps that is the part I was missing for all the past years.