Today is Day 61, and marks the end of my second month on Optavia. I took photos this morning to document my progress. I never intended to share the original photos with anyone, but the difference is just so drastic I can't keep it to myself. I took the original photos on Day 1 - October 12, 2020. I've completed 60 full days of Optavia.
Some of the differences I notice every single day:
- I am sleeping amazingly well at night. It is sound, deep sleep - unlike what I've ever experienced before as an adult, especially with kids (even though my kids are 10 and 15). I am well-rested when I wake up and even though I can remember what it is like to wake up tired, it isn't happening for me anymore, unless something is really wacky with my schedule and I'm thrown off my routine.
- My tastes have changed, because I don't have cravings for sweets, or really anything. I used to want a piece of dairy-free chocolate at night before bed, or some gummies, or something else sweet. I do usually eat a sweet Fueling at bedtime - my favorite is the pudding, but I like the shakes, the brownies, and the cookies too!
- I am not hungry. I eat every 2.5-3 hours every day, throughout the day, and I am completely satisfied. I know if I'm getting close to the time to eat, but it's more of a reminder from my body that it's time to eat, rather than being hungry (or hangry!)
- I don't have the afternoon slump where I want to take a 20 minute nap mid-afternoon. THIS IS HUGE FOR ME. It means I'm not supplementing with mid-afternoon caffeine to keep myself going.
- I wake up refreshed and ready to go, because I'm sleeping so well. I wake up ready for the day. The impact of this on my daily life can not be understated. It is so amazing to wake up and not want to stay in bed all day.
- I wasn't drinking a lot of coffee before, but I was getting caffeine through hot tea (that I was sweetening with dairy-free flavored coffee creamer). I don't even miss it. Sometimes I'll have a few ounces of cold brew coffee blended with a chocolate shake or caramel macchiato shake in the morning for my first fueling, but that's an exception, and not a daily occurrence.
- My stomach isn't bothering me. I have spent years dealing with gut issues and to have almost none for the past two months is something that is very obvious to me. This is a low glycemic program, and I think that is the part I was missing for all the past years.