If you haven't heard of Optavia, here's a brief overview. If you're considering Optavia, the first thing you need to do is chat with a Health Coach. If you don't already have someone you're working with, please reach out to me - I would be honored to answer your questions and help you get going on your journey to health! I'm also happy to chat with you to discuss this information in more detail - it is sometimes hard to convey and understand the full scope of the program without talking.
Our program is designed to change your body AND your mindset, and is comprised of four components that all work together throughout your entire journey:
- Your Coach - That's me! The one-on-one personal support and mentorship is what makes our program stand out. As your personal coach, I’m here to guide you through the program and assist you with changing your lifestyle. I will support you in reaching your optimal weight. I’ll provide tips along the way and we’ll celebrate the successes throughout your journey!
- The Habits of Health transformational system - It’s not just about getting your body healthy, it’s also about getting your mind healthy. Our Habits of Health Transformational System is the educational component designed to help you strategize your plan for reaching optimal health and wellbeing.
- The Community - In addition to me - your coach, our Community of like-minded people are all on the same health journey and focused on creating better health. From live and recorded Client support calls and webinars, our Community is a place where you can find support, share triumphs, and ask questions.
- Fuelings - Our nutrition plan is easy to follow - you don’t have to count calories or macronutrients, it’s all done for you. With our Optimal Weight 5 & 1 Plan, your body enters a gentle but efficient fat burning state.
- During this weight loss phase, you’ll have six small meals a day. Five of these meals are Fuelings, which are nutritionally interchangeable and provide vitamins and minerals along with probiotics which help support digestive health, as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. The sixth meal is a Lean and Green meal you will prepare yourself, which contains a healthy amount of lean protein and three servings of non-starchy vegetables. Additionally, you will be drinking 64 oz. of water per day*.
I coach clients through all three phases of the Program: reaching a healthy weight, transition, and optimization.
*We recommend drinking 64oz of water each day. Talk with your healthcare provider prior to changing the amount of water you drink as it can affect certain health conditions and medications.
Once you've talked to a Coach, and ordered your first box of Fuelings (and your LifeBook and the Habits of Health book!) establish a start date with your Coach - my support (or your coach's support) is an important and integral part of your success! You'll have a Kickoff Call with your Coach before you get started, to ensure you fully understand the program and what YOU need to do to be successful!
PREPARATION BEFORE YOUR START DATE:
Before you begin your program, we need to do a little work to prepare. Review my Tips and Tricks for a quick overview too. You will need the following items on hand prior to beginning:
- A food scale
- Electrolyte replacement (Ultima powder or Powerade Zero are the best choices)
- Natural Calm POWDERED magnesium. DO NOT PURCHASE GUMMIES OR CAPSULES.
- I made a list of appliances/tools I use regularly. These additional items are NOT REQUIRED but I have found them useful. http://www.optaviaandahealthyme.com/2020/11/optavia-and-my-must-have-appliancestools.html
- I had a few people ask about buying some of the products I use - here is a handy dandy Amazon list of my favorite items. YES - you can find them in local stores, sometimes at better prices (sometimes not). You can add them to your own cart for quick and easy purchasing though! Just be sure when you order, you have it shipped to you! Wish lists can be tricky!
- Here are some of my recommended apps to keep me on track each day: http://www.myjourneytoahealthyme.com/2021/02/recommended-apps.html
Everything else you need for success will arrive in your box!
OPTAVIA GROCERY SHOPPING LIST - WEEK 1
These are a few grocery items lots of people find helpful for preparing fuelings and Lean and Green meals. Please try to keep it super simple the first few weeks! It doesn't have to be hard or complicated! Here is a link to my in depth overview of what you eat on Optavia, although I included some excerpts below.
- PB2 powder
- Liquid Egg Whites
- Approved tomato sauce (Rao’s Marinara or Great Value brand)
- Cauliflower rice
- A dressing that can be used as a “condiment” (Bolthouse Farms, Trader Joe’s Green Goddess, or Walden Farms are all good choices)
- Coffee supplies (unsweetened almond milk is your most flexible choice. Any sugar-free, fat-free, creamer that contains no more than 30 calories and 1 gram of carbs is acceptable, but you don’t get much of these, and check your portion size!)
- Easy meal choices for your Lean (chicken, 99% fat free ground turkey, salmon, shrimp, and lean beef are all good choices, as well as eggs)
- Vegetables for your Green (Choose ONLY items from this list)
- Laughing Cow cheese (any variety)
- Spray oil (olive oil, canola oil, or Pam)
- I have compiled a list of commercial food products and how they count, and if Trader Joes is convenient to your home, I also included a grocery list for Lean and Green ideas: http://www.myjourneytoahealthyme.com/2020/11/what-do-i-eat-on-optavia-can-i-eat-out.html
- Optional Snack choices (LOOK AT CARB COUNT ON POPSICLES. APPROVED BRANDS HAVE 1 gram of carbs!)
Remember, it is best to keep things VERY simple the first few weeks. I found it helpful to keep my Lean and Green super simple at first as my body and my mindset adjusted to the program. Optavia has created an online cookbook filled with Lean and Green recipes you can explore as you get more comfortable with Lean and Green parameters.
A PERSONAL NOTE:
This program has been the ONLY thing I’ve found that has worked for me, mostly because it takes out the vast majority of the thinking/prep work for meals. The structured nutrition plan focuses on weight loss AND changing your habits, so clients keep it off.
I'm currently on the 5&1 plan, which means I eat 5 of the Optavia meals/snacks (called Fuelings) a day and 1 Lean and Green meal I prepare myself each day. The Fuelings are high in protein, low carb and low calorie, and you're eating every 2-3 hours. Fuelings come in lots of choices like oatmeal, pastas, mashed potatoes, cereal, snacky-crunchy type things, bars, shakes, brownies, pudding, cookies, soup, and more. Then you eat what’s called Lean and Green for one meal a day -- Pinterest has a jillion recipes you can look at to get ideas, but it’s basically protein and veggies. The Fuelings are super easy to grab and go, so I’ve had zero issue with traveling or being out of the house when I’m supposed to eat - they’re perfect for people who are busy.
It takes a little less than a week of adjusting your food intake on the program to get into what they call "fat burn" where you start to feel REALLY amazing. It was Day 5 for me. As your coach, I will help you get all set up, provide lots of support while you get going, weekly meals ideas, and some secret FB communities. There is also a big emphasis on retraining your habits around food while rebuilding healthy habits. There’s an incredible support system while you are on plan, and a really great transition out once you reach your goals, so that you don’t just rebound on weight gain. This makes me super excited for the program, because that's where I usually fail. I have no worries about maintaining or regaining on this program. That’s a very bare-boned explanation, but I know this is something SO many of us struggle with.
I feel like this has been so easy and so successful for me, that I need to share it because I know so many people are dealing with the same issues I was. The tiredness, the exhaustion of prepping foods, of skipping meals because it's easier than eating sometimes, overeating when I skip too many, etc. I have friends who started this program 2 years ago, lost 50 or more pounds, and have maintained it since then, so I know it works. I also have friends who only wanted to lose 10-15 lbs that they were hanging onto, and it was wildly successful for them too, and they've kept that weight off. The nutrition plan is so easy to follow and takes all the guesswork and calculations out of it - everything is perfectly designed for the exact amount of calories and macros you need each day, and the five fuelings you eat each day include all the vitamins and minerals, as well as a probiotic, that you need for a day. Combined with the Lean and Green it is exactly what the body needs. Plus water!
I'd love to help you on your journey to health, and I am happy to answer any questions. Please contact me - details in the sidebar.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone/Text (preferred): 336-202-3316