Shrimp and Cauliflower Grits - Complete Lean and Green Meal (makes 1 portions)
I adapted this from the Optavia recipe here.
Ingredients:12 oz peeled and deveined frozen shrimp = 7 oz cooked shrimp (1 LEANEST)
- Thaw and rinse the shrimp, pat dry.
- Add shrimp and cajun seasoning to a bowl or plastic bag, and mix or shake until coated.
- Heat shrimp in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through (3-4 minutes per side usually, shrimp will be pink and opaque when cooked).
- Add water to skillet with shrimp, scrape the bottom, simmer for 1 minute, and remove from heat.
- In a separate skillet, heat butter until melted.
- Add riced cauliflower to butter, and stir frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Add milk and salt, and continue to stir frequently for another 5 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from heat, and stir in sour cream and laughing cow cheese until melted.
- Serve shrimp atop cauliflower grits, and enjoy!