YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
COMPLETE LEAN & GREEN MEAL: 1 LEAN, 3 GREEN, 1 CONDIMENT
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTESIngredients
- 6 cups cauliflower rice
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- 12, 1-oz. reduced-fat cheddar cheese slices
- Preheat the oven to 425⁰F.
- Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Reduce the heat to 400⁰F.
- In a kitchen towel, squeeze the cauliflower to remove the excess moisture. Mix together the cauliflower with the eggs, parmesan, and salt.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of the cauliflower mix onto a section of the parchment-lined sheet pan and shape into a bread slice, about ¼-inch thick. Repeat 7 times for a total of 8 cauliflower "bread" slices. Bake the cauliflower "bread" at 400⁰F for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top one cauliflower “bread” slice with 3 slices of cheddar cheese, and then place another cauliflower slice on top. Repeat 3 times for a total of 4 grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Return the sheet pan to oven and cook until the cheese is melted.
Stovetop Method: For a slightly crispier grilled cheese sandwich, follow steps 1 through 6 in the directions above. Once the cauliflower “bread” slices have been baked, use a wide spatula to transfer four of the slices to a lightly coated, non-stick skillet heated over medium high heat. Top each of the 4 cauliflower “bread” slices with 3 slices of cheddar cheese, and then place a cauliflower “bread” slice on top of each one to make a total of 4 grilled cheese sandwiches. Cook until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts: Per Serving: 340 calories, 20g fat, 10g carbohydrate, 31g protein