YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
COMPLETE LEAN & GREEN MEAL: 1 LEANER, 1 HEALTHY FAT, 3 GREEN, 3 CONDIMENTS
TOTAL TIME: 3 HOURS
- 1¾ lbs. pork tenderloin
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 6 tbsp sugar-free barbecue sauce
- 1½ tbsp yellow mustard, divided
- ¼ cup water
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- Whisk together the barbecue sauce, one tablespoon of mustard, and a ½ teaspoon salt.
- Rub the barbecue mixture over the pork, and place the pork in a slow cooker.
- Pour water over top, and cook on low for 7 hours until very tender.
- Remove the pork from slow cooker, reserving liquid for later use, and shred using two forks.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved barbecue liquid into a large saucepan. Stir in the extra virgin olive oil, ½ tablespoon mustard, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and caraway seeds. Bring to a boil.
- Add the chopped cabbage, and simmer gently until just wilted about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Divide the cabbage slaw into 4 equal-sized portions and serve each with 6 ounces shredded pork.
Nutrition Facts: Per serving: 300 calories, 10g fat, 10g carbohydrate, 43g protein