Everything tastes better when it’s waffled 😜
• 1 cup diced tomatoes
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning
• ½ cup low-fat cream cheese, softened
• 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
• ¼ tsp ground black pepper
• 2 cups cooked cauliflower rice
• 2 cups cooked Gardein plant-based crumbles
• 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 1 cup chopped red, green, or yellow peppers
• Cooking spray
• 2 cups arugula
• 4 tbsp red wine vinaigrette
1. In a small bowl, combine the diced tomatoes with the Italian seasoning. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese, with a spatula or wooden spoon until smooth. Whisk in the beaten egg and black pepper until thoroughly combined.
3. To the egg-cream cheese mixture, stir in the cauliflower, half of the plant-based crumbles, half of the diced tomatoes, half of the mozzarella, and half of diced peppers.
4. Preheat a waffle iron and spray both sides with the cooking spray.
5. Put an adequate amount of the cauliflower mixture on your waffle iron (the amount may vary depending on the waffle iron's size), and cook until almost golden brown, about 10 minutes.
6. Once done remove the pizza waffles from the waffle iron and place on a wire rack.
7. Repeat until the mixture is used up.
8. Top waffles with remaining tomatoes, cheese, plant-based crumbles, and diced peppers.
9. Place in a hot oven or broiler until cheese is melted.
10. Combine the arugula with the red wine vinaigrette.
11. Divide waffles evenly among plates and serve with a ½ cup dressed arugula per serving.
Makes 4 servings
If you’re following the same health and nutrition program I coach, each serving is a complete lean and green with 1 leaner, 3 Green, 1 Healthy fat, 3 Condiment (per serving)
Per serving: 320 cal, 17g fat, 17g carbs, 26g protein
If you’re not but would like to learn more, let’s chat! https://form.jotform.com/223644431205144
I send out a recipe like this in a newsletter each week. Subscribe here: https://forms.gle/294fANVKAafReuQJ7