COMPLETE LEAN & GREEN MEAL: 1 LEAN, 3 GREEN, 3 CONDIMENTS
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
- 1¼ lbs. of 90% lean ground beef
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp black pepper, divided
- 2 tsp crushed garlic, divided
- 1 scallion, trimmed and minced
- 1 tbsp capers, minced
- 3 oz. low-fat crumbled feta
- 1½ English cucumbers
- ½ cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- Combine the beef with half of the salt, pepper, and crushed garlic. Add the scallions and capers and mix well.
- Carefully fold in the crumbled feta, and shape the beef mixture into 8 even-sized patties; set aside.
- To make the tzatziki, grate the cucumber into a colander and combine with the remaining salt. Allow cucumber to drain in the colander for about 10 minutes. With a kitchen towel, squeeze excess moisture from the cucumbers and place in a bowl. Add the yogurt and remaining pepper and garlic to the cucumbers, and stir to combine.
- Broil the beef patties on high for about 5 minutes to an internal temperature of about 165°F, flipping once to achieve even cooking and browning.
- Serve burgers on a large lettuce leaf with tzatziki.
Nutrition Facts: Per serving: Per Serving: 330 calories, 35g protein, 7g carbohydrate, 17g fat