I really wanted scrambled eggs today, and I had some extra veggies to use up, so I mixed up this Breakfast Scramble. It is a complete Lean and Green meal. I had some leftover ground beef from a previous meal, so I split the protein between the eggs and the beef, and added veggies. You could easily substitute other veggies (be sure to weigh/measure) and a different healthy fat, depending on what you have on hand. I will include some suggestions below.
PLEASE use the Vegetable Conversion Chart to WEIGH your foods!
- Any approved vegetable can be substituted for the spinach or mushrooms for your GREEN - be sure to weigh and measure properly!
- Top with 2 Tbsp Sour Cream, and remove the olives, for your Healthy Fat
- Mix in 1 Babybel or 1 Original Laughing Cow, and remove the olives, for your Healthy Fat
- Remove the beef, and use 2 cups of liquid egg white/substitute (add 1 Healthy Fat if you do this)
- Remove the beef, and substitute with 3 oz cooked shredded chicken (add an additional 1/2 Healthy Fat if you do this)